Everyone involved or associated with Chicago Dramatists, including the board, volunteers, staff, playwrights, associate artists, actors, directors, producers, teachers, and students assumes the responsibility of representing Chicago Dramatists’ values in words and action. This includes:
1. Believing in the mission to support the development of new plays and new playwrights.
2. Meeting high standards of honesty and integrity in every task and interaction.
3. Instilling and supporting a positive, supportive and collaborative work environment.
4. Maintaining high levels of respect for people regardless of sex, creed, ethnicity, identity or sexual orientation, which prohibits bullying or intimidation of any form.
5. Instilling a no-bullying and no-intimidation policy for the board, the staff, the resident playwrights, playwright alumni, associate artists, teachers and any and all actors and directors of readings and productions with which we are associated.
6. Embracing diversity and actively supporting Chicago Dramatists nondiscrimination policies.
7. Treating each other with respect and refraining from making disparaging remarks about other members in the community.
8. Safeguarding Chicago Dramatists assets, its reputation and the reputation of its artists.