Write for the silver screen.
Fall Classes at Chicago Dramatists are here and will remain online! Chicago Dramatists is offering more classes than ever before so you can go “back to school” in a wide range of new and returning classes. We happily accept students from all around the world and invite you stay in with us and create your next great work. Have your writing workshopped and seen this Fall; take the leap and join us here at Chicago Dramatists.
The opportunities for screenwriting are endless. Grab yours today. Write for the big and little screen, and learn all the ins-and-outs of the film trade. Sign up now for our Summer Screenwriting courses and put your dreams on the silver screen.
Choose the class that suits you and click on the class’s name to go to the details page.
Please Note: Network Playwrights receive $25 off all class registrations, but you must be logged into your account for the discount to be applied. This also includes discounts for Resident Playwrights and Tutterow Fellows. You will be prompted to login when attempting to register. If you do not know how to get into your account, enter the email associated with your account under “Forgot Your Password” and an account reset will be sent.
7 Sundays 6:00pm – 9:00pm Central
Jul 12 – Aug 23
7 Saturdays 1:00pm – 4:00pm CST
Feb 06 – Mar 20
Instructor: Mary Ruth Clarke
Sold out! Register now for the waitlist!
For screenwriters, playwrights, or teleplay writers, this is a class about the romance and comedy of searching for love, falling in love, being in love, staying in love…and maybe even failing in love. Taught by Resident Playwright Mary Ruth Clarke, (original screenwriter of “Meet the Parents”) writers will do a deep dive into what makes for a successful romantic comedy, in all its iterations.
This class is ideal for students with experience ranging from beginner to advanced.
Chicago Dramatists Class Fee Policies
- If you cancel your registration more than three weeks in advance of the class start date, you will be entitled to either a full refund of your money or a full credit applied to your account for future CD classes.
- If you cancel your registration less than than three weeks but more than ten days before the class start date, you will be entitled to a full credit applied to your account (minus a $20 administrative fee). However, there will be no refunds.
- If you cancel your registration fewer than ten days but more than three days before the class start date, you will be entitled to 50% of your class fee (minus a $20 administrative fee) applied to your account as a credit.
- If you cancel your registration less than three days before the class start date, there is unfortunately neither a credit nor refund option available.
- Failure to pay fee or arrange payment schedule within 48 hours of registration will result in cancellation of registration.
- Classes that fail to meet the 50% minimum registrant requirement within 48 hours of class start time will be cancelled. In this case, registrants will receive a 100% refund.
- Separate discounts cannot be combined.