Write for the silver screen.
The opportunities for screenwriting are endless. Grab yours today. Write for the big and little screen, and learn all the ins-and-outs of the film trade. Sign up now for our Winter Screenwriting courses and put your dreams on the silver screen.
Choose the class that suits you and click on the class’s name to go to the details page.
Any questions may be sent to Glenn B. Rust at firstname.lastname@example.org
8 Saturdays 10:00am – 1:00pm
Jan 25 – Mar 21
Television comedy is not just sitcoms anymore, in this third Golden Age of Television. This class is for anyone who has an idea that could make a great comedy series or limited series and who wants to learn the crucial basics of how to write it.
Mar 28 10:00am – 5:00pm
Mar 29 2:00pm – 5:00pm
This weekend workshop offers a boot camp in the nuts and bolts essentials of writing for the visual medium of film. We will deep dive into how to think and write visually, with less emphasis on pushing the story forward through dialog and more through action.
Chicago Dramatists Class Fee Policies
- If you cancel your registration more than three weeks in advance of the class start date, you will be entitled to either a full refund of your money or a full credit applied to your account for future CD classes.
- If you cancel your registration less than than three weeks but more than ten days before the class start date, you will be entitled to a full credit applied to your account (minus a $20 administrative fee). However, there will be no refunds.
- If you cancel your registration fewer than ten days but more than three days before the class start date, you will be entitled to 50% of your class fee (minus a $20 administrative fee) applied to your account as a credit.
- If you cancel your registration less than three days before the class start date, there is unfortunately neither a credit nor refund option available.
- Failure to pay fee or arrange payment schedule within 48 hours of registration will result in cancellation of registration.
- Classes that fail to meet the 50% minimum registrant requirement within 48 hours of class start time will be cancelled. In this case, registrants will receive a 100% refund.
- Separate discounts cannot be combined.