Open to playwrights of every level, the Network Playwright Program is available to any writer who has the desire to advance their skills, plays, and careers, through a vibrant professional development program. With a wide array of opportunities to have your newest play read, critiqued, and presented to the public, the Network Playwright Program is a wonderful next step in the career of any dramatic writer. See below for a list of perks, cost, and how you can sign up.
- Saturday Reading Series: Keep and eye out for the return of our Saturday Readings! Dates for this fall/winter coming soon!
- Network Playwright 10 Minute Play Reading Festival: Each year we showcase several new works by Network Members in one jam-packed Saturday Series Reading! Keep an eye out for information on our next 10 Minute Play Festival Submission Date.
- Script Lab Critiques: Members may submit 1 play per year to be critiqued and reviewed by a Resident Playwright, a Resident Alum, or another theatre professional. This is a direct, efficient way to get the feedback you need, to take your script to the next level. Work must be submitted for critique before being eligible for selection as a part of the Saturday Reading Series. Scripts must be submitted within the term of your membership. Script Labs outside of your Membership Perk may be purchased for $250. Click here to submit.
- First Draft Series: These bi-monthly meetings allow Network Members to read and critique each other’s work, while guided by a theatre professional. Meetings are open to the general public, currently held via Zoom, and organized by Network Director Atlie Gilbert Please visit the First Draft page for details on how you can take part.
- Discounts & Free Admission: Members receive $25 off all Chicago Dramatists classes. Network Members are invited to private Chicago Dramatists events at no cost. Certain classes are offered exclusively for Network Members.
Join Network Today!
The Network Playwright Program is one of the founding pillars of Chicago Dramatists. And now it’s never been easier to join or renew your membership. Click the buttons below to be taken to the appropriate page.
Important: If you’ve taken a class or program with us before, please be sure to log in to your account before joining, re-joining, or renewing your Network Membership. If this is your first time with Chicago Dramatists, and you don’t have an account yet, by joining Network the system will walk you through setting up an account.
Cost And Payment Plans
Network Membership costs $350 per year for residents living in the Chicago-land area. For those living 100 miles or more outside of the Chicago-land area, the yearly cost is $250. For this yearly fee, you’ll receive all of the perks above, and the backing of a vibrant and dynamic community of writers.
Script Lab Submissions
Network Members who would like to submit a script for Script Lab will need to fill out the submission form, found at the link below. Writers should note that every Script Lab Reader has a different methodology to their critiquing process. All Readers are accomplished dramatists and have a long-standing history with our company, and we encourage this wide array of techniques used by our Script Lab Readers when evaluating work.
Work submitted for Script Lab become eligible for a Saturday Series Reading. If we are interested in presenting your work as a Saturday Series, the Network Director will contact you!