Chicago Dramatists has been a homebase for playwrights for decades to develop new, exciting, innovative work, but we could not provide all of these incredible opportunities without your support. As a thank you for your continued love and patronage, we plan a large number of fundraising events both to raise more for the company and celebrate our incredible artists and patrons.
La Nuit is back! Join us on August 7th at 7:00pm CT for our 3rd Annual Gala to celebrate another year of new play development at Chicago Dramatists!
The event includes two round-table discussions with staples of the Chicago Theatre Scene:
- A Conversation with Chicago Artistic Directors:
- Olivia Lilley from Prop Theater
- Rohina Malik from Medina Theatre Collective
- Lanise Antoine Shelley from House Theatre
- Carson Grace Becker from Chicago Dramatists
- A Discussion with Playwrights from All Over the World featuring:
- Resident Playwright Emilio Williams, author of Elektra Problematika
- Neil Blackadder, author of translations for Lukas Bärfuss, Rebekka Kricheldorf, and more
- Alice da Cunha, Co-Artistic Director of the Physical Theater Festival
- Kestutis Nakas, featured artist at NYC’s Museum of Modern Art and author of No Bees for Bridgeport
- Resident Playwright Fouad Teymour, author of Jeff Award-Winning play Twice, Thrice, Frice…
- Kate Hendrickson, Resident Director of Trap Door Theatre
As well we will have a reading of 48hr Festival Winner Conor McShane’s piece Five, Six, Seven, Eight and a performance of a new musical number developed by CD Teaching Artist Diana Lawrence, 2021 recipient of the Jerry Harrington Award for Outstanding Creative Achievement in Musical Theatre, and a few other surprises along the way!!
Following the event we will have a live talkback with some of the fabulous artists involved with the discussions!
The event is completely free and open to all! We ask that you register below so we know who to expect in the chat! As well, we are raising money to support our staffing needs and help fund all of the fabulous programming you’ve come to know and love, so please donate below or text “Give” to (872) 201-1077!